Monday, December 31, 2007

Reflecting on 2007...

2007 has been a CRAZY year for me. I have been through so much this year, that I am SOOOO ready for 2008 to come. I've been through a crazy relationship, I've had school problems, work problems and family problems. I am ready for some major changes to come my way. I am going to be totally in control of my life in 2008.

First off: I'm gonna get my academics right.
I slacked off so bad this year. I was so caught up on my relationship, and making money that I put school on the back burner. This year I have got to get my GPA up to a 3.5 so I can definitely get into the school of education. I have to focus on my future. I am the only one who can do that.

Second: I am not going back to any man who treated me bad, disrespected me or did anything to me that I didn't deserve. It's time for me to make a clean break from all of the negativity in my life and start focusing on making myself a better person. I have finally learned that you can't make someone love you if they don't and that YOU have to be happy with yourself before you can make anyone else happy. Those words sounded so cliche to me when I was younger but I fully understand them now.

Third: This should have been first but oh well. I really want to strengthen my relationships with two people. God and my mama. I feel like I've gotten away from my mom so much since I've been out of high school. I guess it's because I don't want her to judge me for the things that I have done, but I have to realize that she is my mother, the reason why I am here and if ANYONE is always gonna be down for me it's gonna be her.

I also want to reestablish my relationship with the Lord. I have gotten away from talking to him and listening to him and I see how my life has gotten off track. I just want to stop relying on outside people and put 100% of my trust back in Him.

That's pretty much all for me. I'm just about to make some major changes in 2008. I'm a grown woman now, and it's time for me to act like it!

No comments:

perfectly imperfect...