Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Job # 16

So I'm 22 and I have had 15 jobs in the past 7.5 years. I know it sounds bad, but I worked most of the simultaneously. I'm currently looking for job # 16.

Normally I can apply somewhere and get a call back in less than a week. I've been applying for almost a month now, doing follow up calls and everything. No luck. the recession has finally affected Britt. I have pretty much depleted my savings because of school costs, and car emergencies so I'm assed out.

I can't complain, I have a decent job @ the bank, but it's only three days a week and 6 hours a day. And even though I get paid a nice hourly rate for the shit I don't do, I need more. Summer school will be damn near 2 stacks. I need my breaks fixed on the grand prix. I need to buy some summer clothes since my fat ass will clearly not be able to fit into my 10's and 12's this year. I NEED TO MOVE OUT!  I HATE being (almost) dependent on my mother. I know she loves it because she has (a little) control over me but this shit is NOT cool. I haven't had to ask her for much since I was 15. It kills me to ask her for a little gas money when times get hard.

I'm blessed that I have a mother who can give sometimes because some people aren't so fortunate. She hasn't always had it to give. We used to be homeless when I was in 6th grade. We lived in the hospital that she worked in. She still works there. When I was younger i didn't think about it but I'm sure it killed her to wake up and be in the same place that she worked day after day. We did that from October 1997 to April 1998. On payday we stayed at a hotel for a week, then we went back to the hospital for a week. I went to school with wrinkled clothes, messed up hair. I used to be so tired. I damn near failed. But she got a big raise and my uncle and her combined their tax money for rent and a deposit on an apartment. And we never looked back.

I got sidetracked....

But I need a freakin job! Something flexible because I have to take 18 credit hours the next two semesters. Help!

1 comment:

Miss.Stefanie said...

Ive worked since I was 13! 7 jobs...they lasted but sheesh I get tired! lol! Thanks for stopping by my blog mi amor!

perfectly imperfect...