Thursday, April 10, 2008

Bored...

I am sitting in class so bored. I am so glad I decided aginst teaching. I don't think I can deal with children all day every day. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my chest. My advisor said something this morning that made so much sense. She told me that since I liked children, that I should make working with kids my "advocation" instead of my "vocation". That's the best way to describe how I feel. I'm still going to be active with Big Brothers Big Sisters, and the YMCA among other things, but I will earn my money somewhere else. I think that I can serve the community better in other ways. Kids these days need teachers who are committed, focused and are passionate and I am not any of those things right now!

1 comment:

Freaky Deaky said...

I had thoughts of being a teacher once upon a time. I'm glad those thoughts have finally gone away because I have about as much patience as an angry flea.

Have a good weekend.

My Blog.

perfectly imperfect...