Tuesday, April 28, 2009

fighting over strawberry cake. smh

should I feel bad about this situation?

Yesterday I made a strawberry cake and I took what was left of it to work tonight. When I walked in I told everyone that I had cake in our fridge and to get a piece. It was maybe half of an 8 by 11 or whatever pan. 

The ninjas snapped that cake up fast. I didn't even get a piece. I can't blame them, it was good cake.

This lady who works with us didn't get any, and she walked up to me redfaced, with her finger in my face yelling saying that yesterday was her b-day, and she didn't get any cake.

Mind you, I hardly ever interact with the lady, and I really don't like her. And it's not like we have a birthday board so i could see when everyones birthday is. 

I told her to put that finger down, and that I made the offer to everyone and she should've got her piece early, instead of waiting till after everyone had eaten lunch and got their cake. I'm not the resident chef up in there, i was just being nice because my family would've wasted it. 

Am I wrong for not feeling bad about her not getting any cake?

My name isn't Kroger, Wal-Mart or Publix. So why I am I responsible for the birthday cakes?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No you aren't. I am 1/8 asshole so I would have said "I know you aint in my face with this and I barely speak to you anyway. Go sit down."

The rules of office snacks always have been 1st come first serve. You should have asked her when your birthday was. That always puts people in check when they fuss about you forgetting theirs.

Britt said...

Right. She was out of order. I'm on her shit list now.

perfectly imperfect...